Creator and stars of ‘The Crown’ defend show over claims of insensitivity towards Muslim rape victims
The creator and stars of “The Crown” have come out calling for an investigation into claims made by a woman journalist who says she was sexually harassed by the show’s creators.
Speaking to The Times, the show’s creator, Peter Morgan, said: ‘The Crown’ creator Peter Morgan
Bafta nominations for the next series of “The Crown” have been delayed amid calls to re-examine allegations made against co-star Olivia Colman, who played Queen Elizabeth II’s sister, the Duchess of Cornwall, on the ITV programme.
The decision comes a day after Channel 4 bosses announced that the next series will be made without Peter Morgan, who has faced calls by survivors of sexual and racial harassment to quit over claims made against him.
But co-star Olivia Colman, who played Queen Elizabeth II’s sister, the Duchess of Cornwall, on the show, hit out at recent claims made by a female journalist, who said she was the target of sexual harassment at work.
‘The Crown’ creator Peter Morgan, 54, said: ‘No one should have to choose between being a good person and being a work in progress’.
But Olivia Colman, 31, said her own experience of sexual harassment had been ‘unacceptable for a woman in power’.
She told The Sunday Times that the actress who played the Duchess of Cornwall, Catherine Zeta-Jones, was ‘a good person but not a person of power’.
A Channel 4 boss is understood to be considering whether to delay the next series of “The Crown” amid complaints from survivors of sexual and racial harassment to re-examine allegations made against co-star Peter Morgan.
On Tuesday, Channel 4 bosses said that the next series, despite being filmed before the first allegations of impropriety were reported, would not feature Morgan as the ‘creative’ controller.
Peter Morgan, 54, is one of the show’s three main creators, along with the co-creators Dan Reed, 56, and Steve White, 57